Friday, October 24, 2008

Running, coach or group?

For the last week I have been working at getting acclimated to this new environment. The city is beautiful as I have seen before and have been told by many different people. The biggest challenge so far has been getting into a normal schedule, however, this normal schedule that I think I am in is going to change.
Before I got here I expected that I would be part of club team from the start. I was anticipating landing in Prague on Friday the 17th, drop my things off, get shown around town or the school then head off to practice with the team that I would joining. As it turns out God has different plans for me. While raising my support and talking with people about what I am here for I always told them that I am going to be joining a club team, I will be running with a really fast group of guys and that is going to be my main mission field.
God surprised me, the day I left the states what I had been telling everyone was true, there was a group that I would be joining with and I was going to be running with a very fast group of guys. When I left Billy got a call and found out in short that the club I was to join is no more.
With this new news Billy has been helping me greatly try to find what I will be doing. He knows that I am going to be doing something with running. It is just now time to answer how. On Wednesday the 22nd we met with a coach that Billy has been working with for many years now. This guy is great. There are many people that speak highly of him. From all that I have gathered is that he is a top coach when it comes to running.
One big problem, he is not coaching a team. He currently coaches 2 athletes, and they are 800 runners, not the distance that I have any strength in. Second to having no group of runners is that he will be leaving the country now and then in order to go training with his athlete. I still have a great vibe from this coach, he also speaks English.
That afternoon Billy and I went over to a club and found the coach who is working with a group. A group of runners is a real bonus. The downside of this group is that the coach does not speak any English, time to learn Czech. The fact that there is a group makes this option more ideal. Billy and I are going to talk more about the options and soon I will be either running for a coach that has a great reputation, or I will be joining the coach that has a group of runners.
Please pray for the people of Czech Repbulic.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

KBurke00 said...

May God bless you and your work. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping the Faith Alive

McGraw said...

Any update on how the search for a team is going?