Saturday, June 8, 2013

Change

As a part of the changes that we are anticipating in the next year one step I have taken is to start running again. I took some time off from consistent running about 3 years ago after racing in the club cross country meet. Maybe starting back has to do with turning 30, or expecting a major move, or having a son. I bet it has to deal with all of it. 
With the running I am big into knowing what pace I am running. God blessed me to be a strong runner. I see this when I started three weeks ago that 20-25 minutes was I would put myself through. If you didn't know I attended Berry on a running scholarship, and I am a 3 time All-American. So, 20-25 minutes of running then was not even a warm-up. Now that is an entire run. This is for the best. If I start at 45-60 minutes I am just asking for injuries. Who wants that? 
Today I have logged just over 62 mile for three weeks. I am happy about this, even though that would be a mid to low mileage one week back in the day. Thank you Running2win.com for making a user friendly online running log. 
Now I need to find a watch. My 9 year old Timex Ironman Flix with 100-Lap is dead, and my Heart Rate monitor band is busted plus the screen has some pixels out. If anyone has suggestions please share. I am looking for 50-100 laps and the ability to store the runs to recall on a later date with the day of the run indicated when recalling the run.

No comments: